Given the sensitive nature of the data captured on UCPath pages and its relationship to the UCLA Gender Recognition and Lived Name Policy, all current and new employees must sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) to receive UCPath access.
What Does This Mean For Me?
- Are you requesting or do you already have UCPath Access?
- In order to be properly provisioned, you must sign the NDA. Your Department Security Administrator (DSA) will send the link via email.
- Are you a Department Security Administrator (DSA)?
- You are required to email an NDA link to all new employees requesting any type of UCPath access and must ensure the NDA has been signed prior to granting UCPath access.
What do I need to do?
Do you need UCPath access?
- In order to be properly provisioned, you must sign the NDA.
- Your DSA will send you the NDA via email.
- Once signed, the NDA Receipt Email should be forwarded to your DSA.
- In addition to the NDA, you are required to complete all relevant UCPath courses associated with your provisioning.
Are you a DSA?
- Email an NDA link to all new employees requesting any type of UCPath access.
- Ensure that the NDA has been signed by the new employee prior to granting UCPath access.
- Notify the requesting department that access was or was not granted.
What Is the Process?
REMEMBER: After signing the NDA, you must forward the receipt email to your DSA.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I access the NDA?
- Your DSA should email you the NDA link. If they have not, you can access the UCPath NDA form directly.
If the above link is not working for you, please copy and paste
"https://request.finance.ucla.edu/secure/?frm_id=UCPathNDA" into your browser.
- Where can I learn more about UCPath pages and roles?
- The UCPath Page Access for Locations document provides a detailed breakdown of UCPath access, including role and page specifics.
- Who has to sign the NDA?
- In order to receive UCPath access, all employees (regardless of role or job title) are required to sign the NDA. This includes employees who have inquiry (view only) as well as transactional (initiator or approver) roles.
- I already have UCPath access – do I need to sign the NDA?
- Employees who are already provisoned UCPath role(s) (regardless of role or job title) will be required to sign an NDA. The process for existing employees to sign their NDA is different than for new employees. Exisiting UCPath users will receive an email from Payroll Partner with a link to the NDA (DocuSign document). Existing users will be asked to sign the NDA by a given due date. More information on the existing employee NDA process can be found here on the NDA Existing Employee Quick Reference Guide.
- I'm a represented employee – do I need to sign the NDA?
- Yes, all employees with UCPath access, (regardless of role or job title), must sign the NDA.
- What is an NDA?
- A non-disclosure agreement (NDA) is a legal contract or part of a contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for business purposes but wish to restrict access to.
- When did this process go into effect?
- 3/1/2023 for non-represented employees; 4/3/2023 for represented employees
- Where can I learn more about Gender Recognition and Lived Name?
- You can learn more on the UCLA Gender Recognition and Lived Name Policy Updates web page.
- My question wasn’t answered.
- If you have any questions regarding the NDA or security roles, please contact us. On your request form, enter the following:
• Topic: NDA - Non-Disclosure Agreement
• Category: General Inquiry - NDA