After employees leave the UC system, they gain access to the UCPath Former Employee Portal where they can retrieve UCPath earning statements and W-2 forms.
Steps for setting up your UCPath Former Employee login credentials, as well as troubleshooting tips and FAQs can be found in this article.
Setting Up Your UCPath Former Employee Login
Before You Begin
Ensure you have entered a personal email address in UCPath prior to your employment separation with UC (see FAQs for additional details). After you have separated, a Former Employee Portal registration email will be sent to this address. As part of the registration process, you will need to verify your personal data (e.g., last four of SSN) and create security questions for your account.
If you did not enter a personal email address in UCPath prior to separating from UC, contact the UCPath Center (UCPC) for assistance.
Create and Activate Your Former Employee Portal
Once you receive your registration email, complete the following steps:
- Visit ucpath.universityofcalifornia.edu
- Select University of California; Former Employee from the drop-down list
- Select Create Account
- Your user login is the email address the portal registration invite was sent to.
- You password must be a minimum of ten characters and include at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one symbol, and one number.
If you are having trouble accessing the Former Employee Portal, review these common issues and resolutions.
If you did not have a personal email listed in UCPath when your employment ended, you likely did not receive an invitation to register for the Former Employee Portal. You will need to contact the UCPath Center for assistance. If you are not able to get through via phone, you can email UCPC at email@example.com, which will create a case.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth (DOB) format must be mm/dd/yyyy. The UCPath Center has reported that some users are entering mmddyyyy, resulting in locked accounts. Include forward slashes (/) when manually entering DOB or select the date from the calendar, which will automatically format it.
Clicking the browser back button from the Former Employee Portal login page may cause you to receive a “stale request.” To resolve this issue, return to the Former Employee Portal login page and re-start the login process.
Forgot Password/Security Question Answers
Call the UCPath Center to unlock and reset your account. You will need to complete the registration process again.
- Which email does UCPath use for my registration invitation?
- Prior to separating, you should list a valid email address in one of the following email fields within the UCPath Personal Information Summary:
If you mark one of these as "preferred," the registration invite will be sent to that address. If none of these are marked as "preferred," the system will use the first populated email address in the order above (i.e., it will first look for a Home email, then an Other email, then a Campus email, then a Dormitory email).
- When is the deadline to create my Former Employee Portal account?
- You must create your account by May 31 of the year following your UC separation. For example, if you separated on February 2, 2021, your account must be created by May 31, 2022.
How long do I have access to the Former Employee Portal?
You have access for up to 3 years (36 months) after your separation date.
What can I access through the Former Employee Portal?
You can access: View Paycheck, View W-2/W-2c Forms, W-2/W-2c Consent, Update Email Addresses, Update Home and Mailing Address, Update Phone Numbers
Self-service verification of employment letters are only available by contacting the UCPath Center.
What happens if I am rehired at a UC location?
Your Former Employee Portal account will be deleted, and you will be able to view all W-2s and earnings statements through the standard UCPath Portal.